In this time of shelter-in-place and quarantine, almost everyone has had time to practice their hobbies… and everyone has had more time to spend on social media. When scrolling mindlessly on Twitter and Instagram, it isn’t hard to notice the major influx of memes—both coronavirus-related and not—populating our social media feeds.
We’ve compiled our favorite Coronavirus quarantine memes that have been generated during this stressful time to help remind us to laugh.
1. The running joke that all days are blending into just “day” instead of individual ones seems to last in the meme world.
2. Many have been comparing the COVID-19 crisis to Katniss Everdeen’s life in The Hunger Games’ District 12.
3. The Tiger King memes have been plentiful. This one, of a family who has their mailman decide Carol Baskin’s fate, has gone viral.
4. A lot of people have taken to cutting their own hair, whether out of boredom or a lack of open salons and barbershops.
5. The year 2020 has been the butt of many jokes in the meme world following the onset of COVID-19
6. Being that many of us are spending our entire day on Zoom in work meetings, classes, and even happy hours to connect with friends, the memes on Zoom have been very prevalent as well
7. Of course, the classic COVID-19 memes have been keeping us laughing as well. Our favorite? The Office Covid-19 memes