Superfoods are foods extremely high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and various essential nutrients. These foods are crucial for cultivating a balanced diet. Some of the most common superfoods are almonds, blueberries, eggs, avocado, apples, salmon, and spinach. These foods boost the immune system and can help in fighting against disease and other health issues.
1. Blueberry Matcha Smoothie
Who doesn’t love a smoothie?! Perfect for an on-the-go snack, this smoothie contains blueberries, yogurt, and matcha: 3 superfoods in one!
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Modify to your liking by adding other frozen berries!
2. Avocado Bean Salsa
A refreshing summer recipe filled with essential nutrients. Bonus: it only takes about 15-20 minutes to make!
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 can black beans (or your preference of beans)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Cube the avocado and chop the tomatoes and mix together in a large bowl with beans.
- Dice the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and olive oil and mix together.
- Let chill for about an hour and a half.
- Serve as a side dish or hors d’oeuvre.
3. Salmon Kale Salad
Salmon is packed with vitamins and is the best source of protein in the seafood group. This salad is chock full of superfoods and is a perfect dish to share with friends.
- Salmon fillet
- 4 cups Kale
- 1.5 tbsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon
- 1.5 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Extra salt and pepper to coat salmon
- Take salmon out to thaw at least half an hour beforehand.
- To make the dressing: whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and dijon mustard. Add the salt (and pepper if preferred).
- Coat salmon with ample salt and pepper.
- On medium heat, heat a skillet or nonstick pan with olive oil. Place salmon in the pan and cook for about 4 minutes before flipping. Cook until firm to the touch and golden-brown.
- Cut up the salmon and mix it together with the kale.
- Sprinkle dressing on top and add a pinch of salt if needed.
Free to use, no attribution required.
Title Image Source
Sign Up For Our Newsletter